Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hello And Goodbye

So the last two days went by ...  quick!  Well first off Sunday I worked close to 9 hours.  It was exhausting and my feet Killed!!!  But, the day finally ended and I came back to the apartment and packed until about 11.  I finally fell asleep just to wake up at 4:30!  I left my apartment by 5:30 and barely made it on a flight back home to Texas.  I landed in Texas about 9 and mom and dad picked me up.  We dropped dad off at home and then mom and I drove out to DBU to surprise Noah.  He had no clue I was coming out and I had texted him from the time I landed pretending I was getting ready to go to a park.  We got out to the school around 10:15 so I texted him asking what he was doing ... forgetting the fact that chapel is from 10-11.  So mom and I sat in the car talking until chapel was over.  I looked for Noah, but when the chapel doors closed I figured he was already back at his townhome.  So we go over to his house and the door was locked but his roommate Taylor and I saw him coming down the hill.  I went back over to the car and ducked down so he couldn't see me.  As he passed the car I stood up and he took a few more steps then turned towards me to see who it was.  Then he started smiling and backing away saying "You aren't suppose to be here!"  I gave him a hug and then he looked at me and started hugging me again.  It was pretty much the best surprise I've done and he was totally precious!  

After we surprised him we went to Chick-fil-A for lunch.  Then we drove back to mom and dad's house and just relaxed since I was awake so early.  He had to leave for a night class so mom, Kristin and I went to the mall to shop for Chelsey's wedding.  Then we went back to the house and ate some chili.  Kristin and James had to leave but Noah came back so we watched Grey's and John and Kate ... and then I fell asleep at like 10:30.  I wasn't planning on leaving until about 7 tonight, but mom woke me up at 8 saying it was starting to freeze and they were gonna start canceling flights.  So we were out the door by 8:30 so I could catch a 10:00 flight back to Florida :(  I was really upset that I didn't get to stay longer, but I talked to my mom today and she told me the flights in fact were canceling and that it was only getting colder ... so it was a good thing I left so early.  
So now I am sitting in my apartment watching the Sex and the City movie.  All the roommates are at work so I ran to get some lunch and fill up the car since I was running low on gas.  Oh the joy of days off.  Thankfully though it is warm here!  In fact I went from FREEZING cold and frozen roads ... to where I am currently wearing shorts and a t-shirt!  Crazy how things can be so different just a couple of states away.  But anywho ... I work tomorrow from 1:00 - 9:30 and then don't have another day off until Monday.  
I love you all!!!



Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Steph ~ it was great to see you ! It went fast but how fun to see you even for a short time ~ we are truly blessed to have airline benefits ~
You pretty much stink for getting to be in shorts at Magic Kingdom but I wouldn't want it any other way for you !!

auntie kim said...

Hey Steph
I am so glad that you got to go home. Noah sounded so completely surprised.
I am not sure if this will get posted so Im going to stop writing and see.
Luv u
Auntie Kim

auntie kim said...

Steph do you see my comments?
Im not very computer savy>

auntie kim said...

Ok now I think i have this figured out.
I would want to know peoples story. Like why they are there at Disneyworl and where they are from etc.
I love hearing about your work. I picture it in my mind. I cant believe that they dont leave you in one place longer. How are you supposed to get adjusted. Im going to start telling my emplyees its time for their t party. I love it.
Well write more soon.
Luv Ya