Saturday, January 10, 2009

On The Way

It's Saturday the 10th of January and we're officially on the way to Disney!  The past week has been incredibly busy but amazing and the perfect pre-Disney vacation.  On the 4th mom, dad, Kristin, James, Noah and I left for a cruise on the Carnival Fantasy.  We left Keller about 5 am and drove to New Orleans.  That night we explored the city, including the wonderfully disturbing Bourbon Street.  After watching some street acrobats we ate at Hard Rock Cafe for dinner and then went back to our hotel ... where I fell asleep at 8:30! 





The next morning we got up and boarded the Carnival Fantasy.  Of course we just relaxed and ate a ton!  The next day was a day at sea where we sat out by the pool for a bit ... although not for long since we were all pale from the freezing Texas winter.  On Wednesday we were in Cozumel, Mexico.  The town was a trip away and the beaches cost to get on, so instead we listened to an hour sales pitch for a resort right by the pier and in return got to spend the day on their gorgeous beach as well as have access to snorkling and free food and drinks.  It was amazing just to be able to sit back and not worry about anything.  After a couple of hours we stopped by a few local stores and then got back on the ship for the night.  Thursday was incredible!  Carnival gave everyone a $55 credit to use in any way you liked, so we chose to put the money towards and excursion from Progresso.  We got up early, loaded onto a little charter bus and drove 1 1/2 hour to Uxmal, one of the most famous Mayan ruins in the area.  We got to spend over an hour with a tour guide explaining the history of the area and people.  After the guided tour we got to explore the area for ourselves and take TONS of pictures.  It was incredible to see the famous temples and the intricate detail of the stone carvings the Mayans used for decorations on their buildings.  Also to hear about their religious beliefs and rituals was insane!  James has all the pictures on his computer but as soon as I have access to them I'll try to get some on here.  The next day was another day at sea where we literally spent most of it out by the pool reading and soaking up the sun.  
And then today came.  We woke up at 6:30 and got ready and packed then had breakfast.  After we finished breakfast we got in line to get off the ship.  Everything was alright until we got into the parking garage and I knew I was going to have to say bye to my dad, sister and James.  To say the least I lost it ... for awhile.  Literally about an hour later after much debate about wanting to back out and talks with everyone I said my goodbyes and we got in the car to leave.  Mom, Noah and I decided to find a mall upon my request, so we plugged it into the GPS and we were off.  So ... we're following the directions and all of the sudden we're in the middle of some back roads with no clue where we're going.  All of a sudden the lovely little GPS lady tells us to get on the ferry ... what?!?!  So yes we took the ferry to the mall ... and it was great! The mall has probably one of the most amazing Forever 21's EVER ... where I got some new clothes.  After leaving the mall we began our drive to Orlando.  We stopped a couple hours ago in Pensacola where Lauren and Daniel met us about an hour ago.  So now we're all taking showers and getting some much needed rest before we complete the final 7 hours of driving tomorrow.  
The main thing I can ask right now is for your prayers.  Lauren ad I are both excited but are having a hard time leaving everyone behind.  I can say for myself it's taking a lot for me not to think about everyone back home because if I do I know I will loose it.  So please just pray for God to provide us with peace and that once we actually get there and moved in the distance will become much easier.  
But anywho, my turn for the shower! 

~Stephanie

Jeremiah 29:11

0 comments: